Calling all JRTRO rescue parents… it’s a call for photo submissions!
August 5, 2014
Posted by on
2015 JRTRO CALENDAR CALL!
Last year’s cover Jack
It’s that time of year again when we are selecting our top 12 photos for inclusion in our annual calendar, Just Jacks. There will be 12 main photos selected, as well as 12 side bar photos, and possibly some honorary photos for the inside cover. In order for your photo to be considered, IT MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS:
- Be a high resolution photo – 2400 pixels wide on the long edge in horizontal format at 300dpi (anything taken with a cell camera will NOT be considered).
- Be unedited, i.e. don’t crop it and don’t add any extra effects to it
- Be a JRTRO dog
- Have a scenic background, i.e. Please do not send in photos with dirty walls or messy carpets or floors behind the dog
- Have the dog comprising most of the photo, or be the centre of attention in the photo
- No people, leashes, harnesses or anything that distracts from the dog
- Photos must be in Landscape format and must be in sharp Focus
Preference will be given to:
- ACTION SHOTS! Jacks do everything! The calendar is the best avenue to show this off (and give you unlimited bragging rights).
- SEASONAL SHOTS – Christmas and Halloween in particular, but appropriate shots for New Year’s, Easter or whatever, will be given priority, provided they still meet the above criteria
The fine print:
- If your photo is selected you will be contacted by September 1. You will be required to send in a brief write-up/story of your JRT.
- If your photo is not selected, it is because it didn’t fulfil the requirements listed above. Unfortunately, we are unable to follow up with everyone individually to point out what the problems were, but the requirements are pretty simple and straightforward.
- Please send your photos to email@example.com and in the subject line, please put: CALENDAR PHOTO OF [DOG’S NAME]
- By sending in the photo, you are agreeing that you give permission for the JRTRO to utilize the photo in the 2015 Calendar, Just Jacks.